January 31, 2012
12 Fun Facts
Thank you to Karlie at We are ALL Special for tagging me JSo here are the rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
2. What is your best teaching advice? Use data to guide your instruction and don’t forget to progress monitor what you’re doing along the way
1. Where do you live/Where are you from? I have lived in Denver, Colorado for 30 years. I came to Colorado from San Francisco.
3. If you could only keep one thing that's currently in your classroom what would it be? My favorite Dr. Seuss book, Green Eggs and Ham4. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend? Go to the mountains and hike with my family and my 2 Italian Greyhounds (Aria and Louis)
5. How long have you been teaching? This make eight years6. What is your favorite teaching memory? A group of spelling changanged students walking into my room spelling all their requests and conversations with each other and m
7. What is your favorite store? Any place with books
8. What do you typically wear to school? If I could wear jeans all week I would; in warmer weather flats and skirts9. What is your favorite activity to do with your students? Anything that gets them reading and laughing
10. What is your favorite book? Some many books but this one tops the list--David Wiesner’s Flotsam11. Do you have a Pinterest? no
12. What is your favorite restaurant? Chinese food here I come
Now it's my turn to learn about you....
Fallin for Firsties
1 - What's your favorite season?2 - What's your favorite book?
3 - What's your favorite TV show?
4 - How do you celebrate March is reading month?
5 - Where do you live?
6 - What's your favorite thing to teach?
7 - How do you track student progress?
8 - How do you use technology in the classroom?
9 - Do you use Accelerated Reader? How do you reward kids for points if you do?
10 - Do you play sports? What?
11 - How much time do you spend doing your hair each morning?
12 – What’s your favorite memory from high school?
I can't wait to learn more about all of you who write the wonderful blogs I love to follow:)
Welcome to my all thing special education blog. I'm Ms. Whiteley. I teach in the beautiful Mile High state--Colorado. This is my 13th year teaching in an rural K-6 Elementary school as a Exceptional Needs Teachers. As Exceptional Needs National Board Certified Teacher, I believe that ALL students can learn and be successful. When I'm not in school, I love to take my two Italian Greyhounds hiking 14ers and reaching for the stars. Thanks for Hopping By.
- ► 2016 (40)
- ► 2015 (49)
- ► 2014 (31)
- ► 2013 (66)
- ▼ 2012 (87)
Spelling List 1 Spelling List 1 consists of missed sight words from last weeks pretest and will focus on closed syllable words and short v...
Being part of the Building Leadership Team means that I'm out of the building at least once a month. To make sure that my students conti...